- Sue Barto Sue has been an instructor for Maria for 31 years, teaching all levels, ages and genres of dance. She has taught for the Mancini Arts Academy and the Pa. Cyber School's outreach program in the Wexford and North Side locations, including Building Blocks. Sue has studied at Point Park College, Melodia Performing Arts Center, Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre as well as several conventions throughout. She is very proud of her 2 daughters, Desiree and Tina, and their love for dance. Sue also enjoys teaching the pre-school Sunday class at her church.
- Stacie Young-Aland Stacie has been dancing since the age of 3 and has been an instructor for Maria's School of Dance for 14 years. She has also taught at Laura Lynn School of Dance, Mancini Arts Academy, Gold Medal Gym and Cheer, Building Blocks Learning Center and Perfect 10 Gymnastics. Stacie was the sponsor and choreographer for the Freedom High School majorette squad, choreographer for Pine Richland High School, Freedom Middle School, Midland Elementary School and the Comtra Theater. Currently, Stacie is also teaching creative movement and intro to acting for Harmony Christian Co – op. Her degree is in Early Childhood Education and she enjoys teaching Sunday school classes, directing musicals and volunteering in many countless ways at St. John's "Burry's" Church in New Sewickley Twp. Her pride and joy are her 4 children in which God has blessed her; Evan, Jacob, and twin girls, Kara and Sara
- Benjamin J. Belhumeur Benjamin James Belhumeur has been on our staff since 2010 teaching Contemporary and Jazz and Master Classes. Ben was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He graduated from Point Park University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Dance. He also graduated from the Community College of Beaver County (CCBC) with an Associate's Degree in Dance and Dance Education. His performance credits include Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, Jazz Dance World Congress, Point Park University, Johnstown Concert Ballet, La Roche College, Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre, Chautauqua Institution, American Ballet Theatre, Lincoln Park Performing Arts Charter School, Maria's School of Dance, and Arena's Performing Arts Center. Ben has been traveling teaching master classes and workshops along with choreographing numerous works. He has had the privilege of teaching and choreographing for companies and schools such as: Millennium Dance Complex Pittsburgh, Point Park University, Pittsburgh's Civic Light Opera Academy (CLO), Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines' Stars at Sea, Johnstown Concert Ballet, Lincoln Park Performing Arts Charter School, Maria's School of Dance, Dance Expressions by Erica, Donna's School of Dance, Arena's Performing Arts Centre, and many more.
- Antonio Monteiro We are proud to have Tony as our accompanist for our ballet classes at Maria's School of Dance since 2010. He is an accomplished accompanist and percussionist as he creates, writes and produces many genres of music for various artists nationally and locally. Tony serves as Fine Arts Facilitator for the PA Cyber Carter School for the ArtReach program as well as the Lincoln Park Performing Arts Charter School. He is also Director of Music at the Greater Faith Family Worship Center in Industry, Pa. Tony has played drums for 27 years and piano for 30 years. He has accompanied ballet and modern dance classes, jazz bands, choirs and provided music for various banquets, weddings and private parties. He facilitates music seminars and workshops for churches and other various organizations. His passion is piano, organ and drums with emphasis on gospel and jazz.
- Angela Lansberry Angela has been dancing since the age of three. She studied tap, jazz and ballet under Maria Torrence for 15 years, where she also competed. Upon graduating high school, Angela attended Westminster College where she performed and choreographed for their Dance Theater program. She has attended various dance conventions and workshops including MusicWorks. She has choreographed several musicals for Lincoln High School in Ellwood City, including Cats and Beauty and the Beast. She was honored to be hired as a dance instructor for Maria in 2002 and has since been teaching for Maria's School of Dance since 2010. She has also taught at Arcadia, Gold Medal Gym and the Mancini Arts Academy. In 2013, Angela was asked to return to Westminster College to perform as an alumnus in the Dance Theater's spring showcase. Angela is also a certified fitness instructor and hopes to earn a certification in Barre (a ballet based fitness program). She has 2 children, Grant and Lacey and hopes that they will find a passion in life that gives them great joy as much as dancing has for her.
- Joshua Jones Joshua has been teaching voice and musical theatre for 4 years at Maria's School of Dance. He is a native of Aliquippa, Pennsylvania and his interest in vocal performance and subsequent career began at the early age of three as he listened and responded to music performed in his home and church. In the ensuing years Joshua took private study in the community with several professional voice and music teachers. After high school he attended Temple University, Philadelphia, PA where he received his Bachelor and Master's degrees in vocal performance. Joshua's career has included performances in classical and musical theatre venues. His operatic performances have included Poulenca's La Mammelles di Tiresias, Angelique and Mozarts Cosi fan Tutti. His credits in musical theatre include Godspell , A Chorus Line, Fiddler on the Roof, Man of La Mancha, Children of Eden and Big River with Center Theater Arts as well as West Side Story, Evita and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat with Pittsburgh Musical Theater and Desert Song, Kiss of the SpiderWoman with the Civic Light Opera. In addition, Joshua has toured overseas with the International Continental Singers and has co-produced with Alabaster Box Enterprises the productions of Create Your Platform I and II. Joshua presently holds the position of Vocal Coordinator for Lincoln Park Performing Arts Center located in Midland, PA.
- Mark Montini We have been graced with the amazing improvisational skills of Mark as our ballet accompanist for 3 years. At the early age of 5, Mark found a strong attraction to the piano. He has been playing for 48 years. At the age of 8, Mark began to study with Anthony Caputo and later in private study with Gerald Cox of CMU. As an accompanist, Mark has played for various productions: "The Wiz", "Annie" and "A Chorus Line". He has also served as musical director and musician for several parishes, initiating and directing choruses and ensembles. Mark has taught piano at the Lincoln Center in Midland, Pa. He has composed and performed many different genres of music on the piano and has performed in several local establishments. Also, Mark has played for private vocal instruction for Rose P. LaSala and ballet classes at the Lincoln Center in Midland under the direction of Maria Torrence.
- Sierra Kosmac We are honored to welcome Sierra Kosmac to our family at Maria's School of Dance. She will be teaching Contemporary, Jazz and Ballet. Sierra is a dancer and actor from Western Pennsylvania. She began her training at Johnstown Concert Ballet, and attended several summer dance intensives including Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet and North Carolina Dance Theater. She also studied dance, acting, and voice for two years at Pittsburgh Musical Theater; and concluded her training in the dance department at Marymount Manhattan College. Sierra has danced in various professional performances including The King and I at Mountain Playhouse, Jesus Christ Superstar and Phantom of the Opera with Pittsburgh Musical Theater, and Spamalot at Park Playhouse in Albany, NY. She also performed in several showcases at Marymount, and was blessed to work under the direction of Alexander Brady and Rika Okamoto in Twyla Tharp's Sweet Fields. Sierra also holds a choreography award for "Timshel", an elite contemporary group work.
Our Location1235 5th Avenue
New Brighton, Pa. 15066